The lands hosting the castle belonged to the Desandrouin family. Around 1770, Stanislas, director of the Compagnie d'Anzin and grandson of Jacques (discoverer of coal), built a sumptuous house with the profits he derives from the coal business. Neoclassical in style and massive in its appearance, the castle stands out without doubt and is surrounded by a vast park: aviary, hunting lodge, garden bridge and water mirrors make up the whole complex. Not far from the castle, an artificial island is surmounted by a temple of love built in 1777. The set indirectly reflects the prosperity and financial strength of the Company of Anzin, already at the end of the 18th century.