The Compagnie d'Anzin was the first to set up its own rail network for the transport of coal, the Somain-Peruwelz rider. Built between 1838 and 1874, it connects the Company's pits and extends for 40 kilometers. Located on the last section opened in 1874, the station is among the most important stations of the rider. A simple pier was built in 1874 but in the early 20th century a new station was built with an important architectural backdrop based on rich geometric patterns of red, gray or white brick. Behind the station, the track layout and the quays, with its covered gallery, have been preserved.