The Lorette and Chabaud-Latour housing estates
The Chabaud-Latour housing estate (1913) was built near the former pit bearing the same name. That of Lorette, for which construction began in 1914, is built immediately next to the Digue Noire pool. Neighbouring one another, both estates, border the former Ledoux pit and adjoin the buildings of the agricultural village of Condé-Macou, which was transformed by their presence.
The estates feature a strictly orthogonal street layout. The housing blocks, which include two homes at a time, look out onto the street, with their private areas enclosed by hedges, offering a pleasant overall landscaped effect.